This is a sample resume for an event planner. Very creative and attractive format is the main attention grabber. Main competencies and experiences are showcased nicely within the first part of the resume. Bottom part contains a brief work history, listed in chronological order. This is a more functional kind of a resume than a chronological type one.
Resume for an event planner
The following resume for Nursing reflects an objective, an “Area of Expertise” and a traditional chronological order for someone that has a mid-level professional work history. This format easily shows her two professional positions and highlights the key components of her field. In addition, the Area of Expertise at the top highlights the exact areas in which she specializes. Chronological order easily shows positions from most recent then descending dates from there. She also worked retail establishments during college, however it is important to only include data that is relevant to the position you are applying for. This layout applies, unless there will be a gap in employment dates. If there will be a gap in employment dates, you must use the “Key Points” or “Core Competencies” so as to not highlight your gaps, but focus on your areas of expertise.
Sample nursing resume - 2
Below sample resume contains data for a person with moderate work history. Chrono-Functional resume format is used in order grab the attention. This is a simple, clean and single page resume. This can perform especially well online due to the SEO aspects.
1818 Broad Street • Washington, DC 99999 • (555) 555-1313 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulting USA Management Systems Washington, D.C.
Experience Senior Consultant Government Practice 1998-present
- Ensured operational readiness of a division of the Internal Revenue Service System by preparing a staff gap analysis
- Developed a database to record staffing demand of new organizations
- Developed operational policies, procedures and responsibilities handbook for IRS
- Evaluated underutilization of grant funds for Housing and Urban Development
- Provided analytical and technical support to Department of Energy and Office of Environmental Management.
- Tracked appropriation legislation and managed the researched and maintenance of a portion of EM’s FY 2004 budget request
Research Analyst 1996-1998
- Developed organizational redesign and change management initiatives for the District of Columbia, Metropolitan Police Department
- Responsible for facilitating client team working groups
- Developed data collection while conducting best practices research
Computer Howard University Washington, DC
Experience Web Developer Fall 1996
- Pioneered Web page, including HTML tool
- Provided general public access to UR Press publication profiles
Government Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
Experience Washington, DC Fall 1996
Education Howard University Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science 1996
- Able to manage cases from evaluation and data collection to analysis
- Significant knowledge of government terms
- Vast experience using Excel, Word and PowerPoint for research and presentations
This resume highlights the career of an accountant who is in the profession for 28 years. Experiences and the knowledge can not be explained in detail in a resume of this kind. This resume provides good example to those try explaining everything on their resume and make it unreadable.
This is a simple and informative at the same time. Only highlights the most important competencies demanded by his next employer. Keep explanation for the interview, highlight only key competencies seems to be the concept behind this resume.
Click on the resume to enlarge